Current Job Openings
Billing Specialist (Remote, US)
The Stepping Stones Group is transforming the lives of children, families, and communities together through our exceptional therapeutic and behavioral health services. We believe our Core Values embody the culture of our organization: Trust, Integrity, Results, Quality, Community, and Inclusivity.
The Stepping Stones Group is committed to diversity and inclusion. As a socially conscious employer driven by purpose, we welcome all people who have the heart to join us in our mission to transform lives together. We celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and believe by listening, learning, and empathizing with each other's life experiences we become a stronger organization. If you believe every day is an opportunity to make a difference, we would like to meet you!
In This Position You Will (Position Summary):
- Knowledge of insurance, especially Medicare and Medicaid, rules, and guidelines.
- Identify insurance company or proper party (patient) to be billed
- Create and submit claims to appropriate primary, secondary, or tertiary payors
- Reviews and creates invoices for patient responsibility for the collection of outstanding balances.
- Prepare and submit corrected claims and insurance disputes in accordance with payor guidelines and timely filing limitations.
- Request and prepare materials for submission to insurance companies as requested.
- Maintain accurate and thorough notes for appropriate documentation of records
- Accurately utilize the Central Reach billing system
- Utilize strong critical thinking skills for essential problem-solving and decision-making
- Perform a variety of administrative duties including but not limited to: answering phones, scanning, faxing, filing of confidential documents, and basic Internet and email utilization
- Provide process improvements as needed for an efficiency of Billing procedures
- Function as a contributing team member while meeting deadlines and productivity standards
Position Location (City & Country if Applicable):
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Practices confidentiality and privacy protocols in accordance with company policies and HIPAA requirements
- Extensive software skills are required including Microsoft Office [Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Teams and SharePoint]
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent follow-through and time-management skills
- High School Diploma required; College degree preferred
- 1+ years of experience in billing & AR collections preferred
Billing & AR Supervisor
Number of Reports: