Current Job Openings
2. Embrace and encourage the acceptance of diversity.
3. Use effective people skills to communicate.
4. Provide and maintain an environment where optimal student growth can take place.
5. Demonstrate instructional leadership.
6. Demonstrate an understanding of the dynamics of educations organization.
7. Demonstrate an understanding of the IEP writing and implementation process.
8. Use supervision, staff development and performance evaluation to improve the educational program.
9. Maintain a familiarity with current educational issues through a process of ongoing personal development.
10. Work cooperatively with building administration and staff in planning, implementing and managing programs and services for students with disabilities.
11. Ensure that all students with disabilities in the Gallup McKinley County Schools are provided a free and appropriate public education through the provision of instructional programs, and related services.
12. Assist the Direct of Special Education in the development of local policies and procedures to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations.
13. Assist the Direct of Special Education in the development of policies and procedures to govern the delivery of special education and related services, including staff assignments.
14. Assist the Direct of Special Education in the development of policies and procedures to govern the evaluation of students referred for special education services, including staffing patterns and organizational structure.
15. Assist in the coordination of staff development opportunities to enable staff to better serve the needs of special education students.
16. Assist in coordinating the delivery of homebound services when recommended through the IEP process.
17. Assist in conducting, in cooperation with building administrators, staff, parents, and community, on-going evaluation of programs, services, and coordinate the long-range planning process to meet the needs of students.
18. Work cooperatively with the transportation department in planning and delivery of services to students whose IEP's require.
19. Establish and maintain on-going communication with the administration and regular/special education staff.
20. Other tasks as may be deemed appropriate and necessary by the Director of Special Education.